Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 12 - My goals


I want to put in my goals - to really put them down - and shoot for them! So here is me: where I started and where I'm going in the short term.

"They" (I'd love to know who that is!) say - the first step in achieving your goals is to write them down. So, that step is done. :-)

Today, I had to squeeze the last 3 workouts into about 5 hours but I got them in. I also started taking my son's fish oil (I gave mine up a few days ago which totally stopped my indigestion) - and like magic my appetite came back. I don't know if it was the fish oil but something was better today.

I'm sort of worried about the 24 hours of traveling on Thursday/Friday. It means I will miss my Friday workout (leave here Thursday at 2 pm, get there Friday at 8 pm) and it means I need to carry a good bit of food with me that will get thru security. Any ideas? I can't have anything to keep it cold because they will throw that out. I tried ordering a gluten free menu on KLM (which they appear to offer but don't really) - but it probably has other stuff I can't have. I'd appreciate any ideas!

Lastly, tomorrow is weigh in/measurement day. Busy day for me too as I leave on Thursday and I have to pack up my office too because we are moving buildings while I am gone - but I'm going to do my FOUR ! Food good, workouts good, muscles SORE. Good day!

4 comments:

  1. Kelly, you are one determined woman! I like that!! :-D Way to go on just making it happen!

    Some ideas for food that come to mind are nuts, baby carrots, apple, beef jerky if you can find an all natural one without the crap in it. I don't know what the rules are for security, but at least those other foods wouldn't have to be refrigerated. Tomorrow is a regular carb day, so maybe some kind of oat pancake or like that? When I am on the go, I try to take Larabars with me. They are all natural and are ED friendly. But baby carrots will keep and an apple is totally portable. I hope others have some ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nuts and seeds, fruit for tomorrow. You can pack up a killer salad with just the nuts/seeds and put olive oil and vinegar that will keep for several hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are on a roll Kelly! Awesome! Where are you going? KLM sounds like you are going to Europe....? I have flown plenty times with nuts, apples, cut up veggies, even some hard boiled eggs will be fine for a few hours. Beef jerky is great, some dried fruit (at least for tomorrow), a salad like Melissa said... And don't feel guilty if you miss a workout, that only stresses you out and makes you fat! :-) You are traveling, its okay. You can keep working out several times a day after the 30 days if you need to. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I'm headed to Malaysia tomorrow (Thursday) so I'm shopping today for food. I'll be there 2 days then going to China for 9 days then back to Malaysia. Work related unfortunately. I may be behind the 'giant firewall' in China so I might not be able to blog (or SEE blogs) so I'm hoping Dax will email me the new stuff for next week. Thanks for the ideas - I'm off to shop! :-)

    ReplyDelete