Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 13 - Measurement & higher carb day


Today started with such excitement - I KNEW I was down in weight and inches. By ALOT! Then I weighed. 3 times. How could it be (scientifically speaking) that I have taken in around 1,000 calories a day, eaten enough fat, eaten low carb, and exercised my little bum off - to find out I weigh THE SAME? I mean I am 5 ft 2 in - and started at 218 pounds. You would think it would go away faster - I can sure gain it faster :-)

Anyway - I wasn't too discouraged actually just said - OK tomorrow it will be gone. Turns out everyone else on the board had a similar 3 days so maybe it was the moon?

Anyway - I went down, had my oatmeal (forgot my egg :-( ) and then went to do a little MM and a short bike ride to warm up. Started the pyramid and on 2x I re-injured my left thigh from the injury about 4 or 5 days ago. I hurt so bad that I decided to try the SB lunges. That hurt too. I couldn't even do squats. I was so hurting and so discouraged I stopped after 5x-1 and really only had 7 minutes something left I was going to slowly.

This pain - plus a new one (in my lower left leg outside bone) - continued all day. My left toe is also the one I fell on. So I'm wondering - what is happening with the left side of me? I need to remove it or something. The disc I herniated 2 years ago is in my lower right back - so I'm wondering if somehow I am favoring that without being aware of it and this is causing some added strain on my left side which is showing up this way. Anyway - I did not manage my cardio or the other two exercises. Plain hurting too much.

I also had to pack my office today before leaving tomorrow for Malaysia because while I'm gone they will move us to a new building. Interesting. Anyway - that gave me quite a workout and added to the pain.

So by tonight I'm tired, discouraged - and a bit down. But tomorrow is a new day - and I am headed towards sunshine and heat so that makes me happy (even if it is for 2 days only! and then on to COLD China). I've bought my snacks and food - and I will be the weirdo on the plane eating my own food and doing the Power Circuit in the aisle :-).

Here's to tomorrow - and a HUGE drop in inches (which is what counts in the end). (but the pounds would be nice too)

No comments:

Post a Comment