Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 15 - Here then there...

Day 15 was spent on airplanes. It is incredibly hard not to have a glass of wine - or some 'snack' type foods - but I just dug out my own food - and let everyone look at me strangely.
I was eating hard boiled eggs in Amsterdam airport - and security came up to me - wondered what I was doing, asked for all my info (passport, ticket, etc) - then laughingly told me it was smart to bring my own food because the airport food was terrible AND expensive :-).

I discovered a trick for not wanting ANY of the food on the plane. I pre-ordered a gluten-free meal on KLM. The food that came (first before everyone else got theirs which meant I wasn't hungry by the time the other food came around) was SOOOO disgusting I couldn't even look at it. Seriously -it was not recognisable except to say I am sure it had thousands of chemicals in it. Used the knife/fork, salt/pepper - and ate my own food from my purse :-). After the long flight, when it was 'breakfast' time - I ate my avocado, some raw carrots, and a few nuts. YEAH.

Now I only have to figure out how to get the hotel to pack me a 'lunch' when I take my plane flights home :-). Looking forward to measurements and working out tomorrow after all this travel.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you handled everything perfectly under imperfect conditions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa - Thanks for the support. Let's hope I can do so well on the next flights where I don't have a full bag of food with me :-) - going to have to get innovative.

    ReplyDelete