Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 11 - Oooohhh! Obesity killing us as fast as smoking.

Today I am on day 2 of low carb - and again I cannot eat. I am literally gagging my food down. My goodness if I had known this secret - well, I THINK I would have tried it...? But who knows?

I'm also struggling - we got new exercises today and the last two I didn't have a chance of doing. It was laughable. Then I started thinking about all the others that seem to breeze thru this stuff. Everyday now, I have some pain, some pull, some something. But here is the funny thing - I keep on. Every morning I get up, feel my body to see if things are working in an OK way - and then set off again on another day. Wow. Why? I want to know why - so I can keep on doing it! :-) Truly -what trigger has changed in my mind that is having me get up, record, block out time, blog, etc. all the while it hurts (so good sometimes and so bad other times).

I saw this article: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_93734.html


I thought - yes, that's right - I'm killing myself.

THIS (http://www.londonpersonaltrainingstudio.com/) is what is driving me to save myself - but what is behind that? It all comes down to that - right? How did I get this way?

Well - enough philosophy... Time for bed so I can get up and do it all over again. Also I have to figure out what I can pack to take on the plane to eat (that will make it thru security). Hopefully I have a little appetite back by then!

I hope everyone else is doing great! Tomorrow is a new day - and ONE of these days I'm going to be able to do ALL the exercises :-)

4 comments:

  1. I can't do all the exercises either, Kelly! Don't feel bad! I blew my inner thigh muscle and can't do lunges for a bit. I also cannot make it all they way through the Pyramid in 20 minutes! I'm not sure how everyone is doing it!

    Hopw you have a wonderful trip! Take time for YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep going Kelly, and focus on what you can do, and not on what you can't (yet). It will all come. And yes, I think we all hurt a little and at times, I am really debating right now if I should just skip the pyramid and go to bed.... But I guess I will schlepp myself downstairs first to just do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew. Thank you. I have felt way behind everyone. Annette - when you get a chance can you better explain how I can use the chair for the spiderman. When I get in a push up position (even using the chair) it's like someone is pinching the nerves in my lower back (right side). I can get my leg up, then pinch pinch pinch down to the stretch, and more pinch pinch pinch up to flat - then foot back - and OW, I'm done. Is there some substitute I can stick in for now that will help me get closer - or do you think I can do it higher up on the wall (which isn't a push up but I could visualise it)? Also the F walkout - any alternative to that one? Same problem. I'm pushing hard on the other's the best I can - but these two are the 'special' killers.

    Mary - I also hurt my thigh the other day on the tricep push ups (I'm not doing it with the dumbbell over head til my thigh heals). This and my sprained toe have really screwed up my lunges on my left side. I'm glad to see you had some alternatives there also.

    I know the alternatives won't be as good as if I did the real thing - but I have to keep going somehow and I do NOT want to give up! :-)

    Thank you both for your help and support - it has made a real difference. Now, almost 6 am so time for workout one - then off to work :-)! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mary - on the pyramid I can get down to finish level 3 on the 'other side' - I start level 2 and BAM, timer goes off. But we'll both get there :-)

    ReplyDelete